Saturday, April 30, 2011

The VGs Visit

Mom, Dad, and Kayla spent their spring break at our place. We showed them around Greensboro and made a trip up to Virginia Beach. At Virginia Beach we toured the Lighthouse of Terror (more commonly known as the Cape Henry Lighthouses)which kicked my fear of heights into gear because of the tall spirally stairs. Trust me, it was scary. But the view from the top was well worth it.



We also toured the Battleship Wisconsin, checked out an aquarium, Chesapeake Bay Bridge, hung out at the beach, and ate a ton of seafood. Oh, and all the gift shops we could handle. Every so often, we'd hear Kayla suggest her favorite source of entertainment- "Gift shop?" and we'd stop to shop.







Dad's brother Alan and his wife Linda drove from Raleigh to have Easter dinner with us.It had been a long time since they saw each other, so it was a special small reunion. Despite the time and distance, you can easily tell Dad and Alan are related.


That's what I love about family. Time and distance doesn't matter. In a way you're always stuck with each other, and that's just fine by me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had so much fun! Kayla was talking about the gift shops just today. :)

    Remember the CRAZY LADDER??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family:) I'm glad they were able to come see you. One of these days I'm going to make the trek and see all those lighthouses, eat crab sandwiches, and hit a few gift shops:)

    ReplyDelete