Friday, May 13, 2011

First Time Camping

I didn't always think camping could be a fun activity. (Flashback to church trips with a bunch of girls and teenage drama) But Mark and I decided to give it a shot after shopping at Costco and unexpectedly walking out with a tent and two sleeping bags.

It turns out I actually like camping a lot! I think Mark and I got a few things right with our trip. First, we brought the dog:





Then we traveled just a short hour to the strange, lone peak in western North Carolina called Pilot Mountain.



because it had great views like these:





We let our sissy dog sleep in the tent when she tired from digging holes:



Brought a huge cooler and a ton of snacks:



Kept a fire going the whole time (letting Mark relive his childhood days of playing with flammable stuff and lighters) and roasted mallows:



Camping is great!

2 comments:

  1. Your sister is never going to believe this. She does NOT want to go camping. Ah well it would be harder now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I randomly walk out of Costco all the time with things I had no intention of buying...weird. I'm glad you had fun camping, I strongly believe lots of snacks is the key to any successful adventure:)

    ReplyDelete