Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Moon




Mark and I joined the rest of the world and watched New Moon last weekend. You are probably wondering how I got Mark to go see that movie with me. It's simple. He lost a bet. A few days before New Moon was released, we were watching the Superhero Movie. Mark was convinced that the leading lady was the same actor that plays Rori on Gilmore Girls. Mark was totally wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Thanks to Kayla, I know the Gilmore Girls almost by heart. So we put a bet on it, and if I won, he had to take me to a movie of my choosing. If he won, I had to go to the gym with no complaints. (I know! But that is seriously what he wanted!) We looked it up on imdb.com and I proved victorious.

What I will say about New Moon, is that the second it is just as good as Twilight. Sorry fans, I laughed hysterically during the first one and Mom threatened to make me leave the theater. The movies are just extremely cheesy. Most of Myer's romancy stuff just doesn't translate well onto the screen...especially the frolicking. And the glittering in the sun. And the dialogue. Still, it something you have to see if you like books.

2 comments:

  1. I like books:) There were a few times I had to lean over to Josh and ask him to stop with the, "yeah rights" and "really!?!' and the laughing out loud when nothing was funny. I still liked it, but I'm into the cheesiness:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really feel for Mark. That is one series of movies that I have no desire to ever watch until one of my girls twists my arm and makes me see it.

    ReplyDelete