Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Never Starve a Van Gorder


Packers arrived yesterday and put everything in boxes, even the Tostitos. Movers showed up at 9:00 this morning in a really big diesal truck. It blocked a few neighbors' cars in (including ours) and kept traffic from being able to pass by. The movers didn't mind, but this did prevent us from getting breakfast or lunch. I didn't eat until 4:00. You have to be a Van Gorder to truly understand how terrible it is not to eat until 4:00. "WTF? WTF?"
Other than that, the move has been going smoothly. We have one more day in St. George to tie up a few loose ends (that means you, carpet cleaner) and then Mark, Dori (yep, that's the dog) and I will head to a pet-friendly hotel in Vegas.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! That has to be so hard after eating at fake Thanksgiving all day Sunday! My Pepsi doesn't taste the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it. WTF WTF. Plus it was your birthday! So sad! Did you get a yummy dinner I hope?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 4PM, it must have been painful for Mark.

    ReplyDelete