Dani has never like scary stuff. There was a time in high school when I made her go see "What Lies Beneath" in the theater. Even though we ran into a kid I knew and got to see it for free, she hated it. A few years later I made her watch "Road to Perdition", which isn't even scary, but Tom Hanks got his head blown off at the end. She hated that one too. Then, I tried to describe to her how cool "Vacancy" was while we were staying in a old motel near Universal Studios in CA. She freaked out at just the description and Chris told me I had to quit pretending to pound on the door adjoining our room to a second (supposedly empty) one.
Its just sad. Because ever since I started watching scary movies with Anna, I was hooked. I used to be terrified of "The Exorcist" and "Silence of the Lambs".Then was scared of "The Grudge." I talked Mark into seeing that one with me and suffered for it practically a whole year later. In the middle of the night I would hear the "uuuuuuuuuhhh" sound. He thought he was so funny.
Now, its the governmental conspiracy/zombie movies that get me. Like, the "Crazies" and "Quarantine" Because, even though it is unlikely that there would be manufactured virus that would make us zombie-like killers, it is more plausible than the existence of vampires. Right? Unless you want to defer to the book The Passage which tries to come up with a scientific version of vampires.
This brings me to the whole purpose of this blog. 1)It October and a blog about scary stuff is timely; and 2) I can't go to the bathroom because I am completely creeped out by the bathtub lady in Stephen King's The Shining. (The book, not the movie, because his description of this scene is so much scarier) The second I go in there I'm imagining the bathtub lady standing up, hearing the water sloshing and her soggy footsteps as she chases me down the hall...
Scary stuff. No wonder Dani hates it.
I remember huddling in the basement being SOOOO scared that we couldn't move! We were so crazy:) Have you seen Zombieland? It's not scary at all, but probably my favorite Zombie movie. I'm sure you've seen it, but if not, check it out! (You know, in the spirit of October and all)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are finally getting your payback. Dumb head.
ReplyDelete